Thursday, November 10, 2011

CSA Weeks 22 and 23

Finally, here are the pictures of Weeks 22 and 23 from Cooper's CSA Farm & Maze.


Week 22 above, had Radish, Garlic, Spinach, Brussel Sprouts, Swiss Chard and Red Fingerling Potatoes.  The Spinach was eaten raw in a salad while the shard was wilted down with beef stock and butter for my lunch.  I shared the Sprouts with two coworkers. I might be upping my order next year to a full share portion to share with a coworker.


The final box for the year, Week 23 contained Lettuce, Leeks, Parsnips, Beets and Sweet Potatoes.  The Big Man was in charge of picture taking that day since I was out visiting one of my friends working on hanging pictures through her home.

Steve and Lisa 
I know that my whole family has enjoyed the CSA experience and obviously will be signing up for next year.  I want to thank Lisa and Steve, the farmers who run Cooper's for such a great summer harvest.  My favourite item was their popcorn!


We are down to our final week in our house.  We've made a good start to packing and I plan to make a big effort over the next 3 days.  We have a POD on delivery for tomorrow and movers hired for the furniture for next Friday.  Wish us luck, my next update will be from our NEW HOME!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with the move! BTW, do you know anyone that knows how to make grape jelly?

Anonymous said...

was wondering if you were getting overwhelmed with the packing as no post last week. Hope all goes well with the move. We are looking forward to joining you in our new digs next spring. Love, Mom