Tuesday, August 9, 2011

CSA Week 9

Sunday I was busy having dinner and a good chat up with some girlfriends so this weeks post is a few days late....

Week 9 of my half share delivery from Cooper's CSA Farm & Maze brought a Romaine Lettuce, Carrots, Green Beans, Corn, Potatoes, Cucumber and Garlic.


Best thing created this week was a potato salad with oil, apple cider vinegar, fresh parsley and oregano, celery, crumbled feta, black olives, dash of lemon juice, smoked paprika, salt and pepper.  Since there is no mayo it can easily last all day in a lunch bag.


Even with the lack of rain my herb garden is exploding.  My Basil plants have done exceptionally well this year.  Sunday, to go with Spaghetti and Meatballs, I made a Tomato, Bocchini and Basil Salad.  Very easy to do -- slice, pick, layer then sprinkle with Balsamic vinegar, drizzle with Olive Oil and season with salt and pepper.  Probably my Husbands favourite salad.


Blech, nite time pictures--trust me, in real life, these cookies look and taste fantastic!!  I was a bit rushed this week so my Mom was very kind and baked me Shortbread Cookies for a bake sale at work.

A co-worker recently passed from Ovarian Cancer.  In her honour "Ovarian Cancer Canada" presented and information session to employees who wished to attend to go along with a bake sale on Wednesday where all proceeds will be donated in her name.  As my part I would like to provide the following link.  I encourage you to take a moment and briefly read the symptoms.


If caught early Ovarian Cancer has a 90% survival rate.  Ovarian Cancer is a very silent disease and most times it is not caught until it is in it's further stages, which sadly do not have a very good survival rate.

No comments: