Monday, August 1, 2011

CSA Week 8

This weeks box from Cooper's CSA Farm & Maze was HEAVY!!  A dozen corn!!

I really encourage you to read the following link from Lisa and Steve.  Just when I thought I was having a hard week living with the heat -- The Cooper family was dealing with no power and very little water available for their crops and animals!


This weeks share had a dozen Norther Super Sweet Corn, Red and Golden Beets, Napa Cabbage, Green and Yellow Zucchini.


My Dad has collected stamps forever and now that he is living in the Durham Region he is back to attending philatelic meetings.  One of the meetings is held by a berry farm so he picked up a bunch of fresh raspberries for me.  Saturday we turned them into 12 jars of Raspberry Jam.  This recipe was so easy resulting in a firm set and yummy, fresh taste!!!


Sunday, I made "Chinese Napa Cabbage Salad" that I found on All Recipes.  We all really enjoyed it--toasty, crunchy, oniony!!

I also made home made Jamaican Patties from a Martha Stewart recipe called "Beef Patties" that I have been using for years.  I will admit there are a lot of steps to the recipe but they turn out great every time.  They taste good served either warm or cold--excellent for lunch boxes or pot-lucks.


My Mom finished sewing the binding and washed our "Make a Wish - Eastern Ontario" charity quilt.  My Aunt is visiting this week from Kingston and will deliver it to my cousin "Nerrad" to be used in a fundraising raffle this fall.


I am so proud of the work that went into this quilt by my Mom.  We both put many hours into this quilt.  I can only hope that the funds raised will help in granting a wish to a most deserving child.

I think this week is a great example of learning how to not take everything you have for granted, and remembering to treasure all the good you have.

No comments: