Sunday, July 24, 2011

CSA Week 7

This weeks photo was artfully arranged by my Mom and Dad since we were away on Holidays!  
As per my weekly email from Cooper's CSA Farm & Maze this weeks basket included; red bunching onions, napa cabbage, zucchini, red potatoes-a new variety we are growing this year called-Norland, cucumber, sweet yellow banana pepper, and something a little different, purslane.


I grill wrapped the 'taters' with olive oil and chopped herbs from my garden.  We had them with homemade souvlaki kabobs and a Greek salad.  Always a favourite meal.


On Monday and Tuesday we vacationed in the Niagara on the Lake area staying at Maria's B & B in the Laura Lynn Suite.  Maria's B & B is perfectly located close to all attractions, dining and wineries.  Marielle and Jai were awesome and funny hosts providing delicious breakfasts and a well maintained, clean home.  We visit the Niagara area often and this will most definitely be on our return list.


While in Niagara on the Lake we enjoyed "High Tea" at the Prince of Wales Vintage Hotel. I begged my husband to go to this and I'm so happy he enjoyed it as much as I did.  The hotel is FANCY!  I would love to stay there sometime, it was just a bit expensive for our trip budget this time.  I really enjoyed this experience--the hotel lobby was filled with fresh roses and smelled so pretty.


On Wednesday we went to Stratford to see the Grapes of Wrath.  I chose this play because I wanted to see Janet Wright.  You may know her as "Emma" from Corner Gas.  I'm going to be honest, all of the actors in the play were FANTASTIC, the play however ---- ummm --- perhaps I should have read something about it before going??  It was not really our thing; we found it very depressing and a bit awkward and squeemish at the end.  

In Stratford we stayed at the The Caversham House Bed & Breakfast staying in the Sheridan Room.   Mary Lou and John have created a elegant B & B experience.  The house is decorated beautifully and located within easy walking distance to all the theatres and shops. Breakfast was outstanding and I loved that they make the effort to source their produce locally and that everything was home-made.   


I sadly said goodbye and gave my trusty Singer Sewing machine to my niece for her 10th birthday.  My Singer was a wedding present from my parents and has served me very well for the last decade.  I discovered my love of quilting with this machine.

 

On the upside!  I did go and pick up this baby on Tuesday via a little cross border shopping trip to Bailey's Embroidery Supply in Leicester, New York.   It's a Bailey's Home Quilter Pro 15. 


I am so excited to have this machine!!!  I know with time and practice my long arm quilting skills are going to be amazing with the help of this machine.  It's the stretch-limo of sewing machines!!

Thanks Big Man for such an awesome week off together.  You work so hard for our family.  I hope you know how grateful I am to have you and all that you provide.  XOXOX  --- except for this cold you gave me, that kinda sucks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bailey is beautiful...what do we call the long arm now? Bailey? or still Penny? LOL. Glad you had a great vacation...and your blog post was fantastic as always.

Steph D