Sunday, July 10, 2011

CSA Week 5

This week my share from Cooper's CSA Farm & Maze brought Green Onions, a Green and Yellow Zucchini, Red Leaf Lettuce, Romaine Lettuce, Broccoli, Green Peas and 3 Bok Choi.  Wow!


My whole family is really pleased with how our farm share adventure is going.  A co-worker commented this week about how great my salads look.  I told her all about the share, she was surprised and admitted that she had never heard of the farm share concept before.  Perhaps another convert in the making?


This weeks flower is a daisy again -- but a super awesome watercolour daisy.  Joy, my friends Mother so graciously painted and framed this picture for me.  Stephanie's house is full of beautiful pictures and I admire them every time I visit her home.


Joy, Thank You so very much for this painting.  I LOVE it!  I've hung it up in my living room just outside the kitchen and I admire it with every passing.

I'm in awe of anyone who has artistic talent no matter what type of medium they create with.  I'm good at quilting; but drawing and painting are definitely not a talent I possess.


Sunday's dinner consisted of a simple Romaine Lettuce and Green Onion Salad.  In the oven I roasted the Green and Yellow Zucchini, along with Red Peppers, Red Onion, Mushrooms and the stems from one of the Bok Choi's.  My Husband requested the Green Onion and Cheddar Scones again.

Anyone who has a Costco membership knows how big the pack of pork ribs are! I used two slabs and made the "Baby Back Ribs on Maple Planks" from the most recent Summer 2011 Food and Drink magazine available at the LCBO.

I used Pineapple Juice instead of Apple Juice ('cause that's what I had on hand--keep comments to yourself Mother).  I also did not grill them on the maple planks but on my stoves grill pan on the top shelf of the BBQ.  Mmm, hmmmmm........sticky, crunchy, barky, goodness.  I recommend!


As per the picture above, I have finally gotten a smart phone!  YEAH!  It is an HTC Sensation 4G Android phone.  I'm learning how to use it but I look forward to posting much more interesting "Tweets" now that I can include pictures.

I know there is the hot debate between Android and Apple.  I chose the Android platform to work in conjunction with my Husband's phone.  I already have an I-Touch that I want to keep more for songs, movies and the occasional "app".

That's it for this week.  I hope the weather chills down just a little bit; it's so hot to run in the morning if I'm not out there early.....let's not even discuss the colour of my poor lawn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MMM cheese scones rock!