Sunday, June 19, 2011

CSA Week 2

Week 2 of our CSA Farm share from Cooper's CSA Farm & Maze contained Asparagus, Green Onions, Pak Choi, 2 big bunches of Spinach and Red Leaf and Romaine Lettuce.


Sunday afternoon we had a nice big salad made with the Red and Romaine lettuce, along with grilled asparagus, sausages and a great bottle of wine from Columbia Winery from Prosser, Washington, USA.


My Mom used a bunch of the spinach to make "Spinach Brownies".  She used the CSA Green Onions and added Bacon Bits to the recipe.  These were great and would be perfect at room temperature for party finger foods.  She is planning on making another batch to take to her CWL potluck.  


Wednesday, I weeded the yard and enjoyed some time with my dog Girly who turned 10 last weekend.  We had our Cherry Tree and a Spruce removed from the yard this spring by Total Tree Service Inc.  With the changes we made last year, the yard is now very low maintenance.  




My Poppy survived the yard changes and I've started the lay out on a baby quilt for a co-worker.


My Husband added this pendant to a chain that I chose from my Nana's jewelry collection.  She passed away this April.  Nana was famous for her card playing skills and I love that this pendant represents a deck of cards.


Well that's about all for this week.  I still have the Pak Choi to use up; think I will saute it with a nice light glaze.  Till next week......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy!!!
Happy Birthday Girly! Love the quilt.
Steph D.

Anonymous said...

Nana loved reading your blogs and she would be so happy to see that you are back and that you are wearing a memento about one of her favourite passtimes, Cards! Love you, Mom