Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Adios Mexico!

Well, our SECOND vacation in two weeks has been cancelled.

picture borrowed from here

I was so looking forward to our trip to Mexico this coming week but things seem to have gotten a lot worse; not only in Mexico but even in our own countries. Freakishly, both ourselves and our friends that we're supposed to be going away with both have the same week off in October. Fingers crossed nothing else goes wrong and by then we will finally be able to go away together.

Any good at home vacation suggestions? Any nice Ontario resorts?

As I stated in my previous post, Quilting Newbie and I went to the Creative Sewing and Needlework Festival this past weekend. I found that there was not as many fabric booths as there normally is and some of our favourites were missing. I CAME HOME with money left over?? What's up with that?

I just bought some random fat quarters that caught my eye and my usual purchase of quilt basting spray that I just can't live without. Oh, that fat roll, contains 10 fat quarters of this Japanese fabric that I fell in love with at one of my favourite stores "Quilters Cupboard" in Uxbridge.

I really wanted to try out the long arm quilting machines that they have on display. So does anybody have a spare $13,000.00 they want to give me? I soooooo wwwannnttt ooonnneee!!!


This is to prove that summer is just around the corner! My Girl is so funny, she will follow a spot of sun as it moves with time.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Yeah, I would avoid Mexico!

You got lots of great fabric at the festival, what are you going to make??

Stephanie said...

I'm sorry your vacation was cancelled but I really believe it is for the best. You don't want to be down there and get sick...UGH!! You and the big man could go to a spa for a couple days. :-)

1 Canada Via Trans Canada Road Trip said...

There is a great selection of alternatives to Mexico Travel at
www.400eleven.com, Ontario Travel North of Toronto