Sunday, March 8, 2009

Daylight Savings

Ahhh, Daylight Savings started today; this always cheers me up! It means that spring is just around the corner and for someone like me who permanently works the afternoon shift it's the possibility of a glimmer of light on the usual dark drive home.

Burp Cloths for Kim

I met up with a group of girlfriends the other weekend for some dinner and drinks. I made the burp cloths above for one of them who was due the next week. This is her third child with a total of 5 when you include her step-children AND a full time job. Bless her little soul, she constantly has energy. Man, I have a dog and a husband and I'm pooped most of the time...I need some of her mo-jo!


I have finished quilting and attached the binding to the front of my "Fly Away Home" quilt. All that's left is to hand-sew the binding to the back, wash, add a hanging sleeve and I'll be done. The backing fabric was also used on my Niece's quilt in New Zealand that I sent to her when she was born. Her parents are expecting their second child in just a few months.

As usual my trusty helper was with me all afternoon. Mum and Dad, there's your pile of mail waiting for you when you get back from Florida! Enjoy the extra hour of Sunshine today, I know I will.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Cute burp cloths! And yes, Daylight savings, spring is almost here!

crazyquiltlady said...

Love the burp cloths 32.5

Anonymous said...

Mum says we will soon be home to tackle the mail. It has been a cool winter in Florida this year and only warmed up when C & T were here. They flew home Tuesday and we only have 3 weeks before we have to pack up to come home. I don't want to go home to cold weather and snow!