Thursday, January 8, 2009

Hey There....

Hey, how's things going so far this year? I've been sticking to my New Years resolutions. I only missed washing my face once but I had had my shower late in the day and I didn't have any make-up on so I figured that was ok.

Cookie Exchange

I thought I would follow up on some left over stuff from December. The cookie exchange at work was a great success. Everything turned out yummy and we all had a lot of fun. I ended up making shortbread, some plain and others with Skorr Toffee bits, and Chewy Molasses-Spice Cookies from Martha Stewart that are a dream to make and never fail me!


For my birthday, my husband gave me this radio. It is small, but has HUGE sound and a little credit card size remote so I don't have to get up to change the station or volume. I love it!

My "Flying Geese" quilt is moving along. I have all 348 of the blocks sewn. I used about seven charm packs resulting in two blocks of each fabric pattern. I separated them in half and tossed them in the dryer (on the air/fluff setting) to mix them up randomly. I have two full rows sewn; it's taking about 45 minutes to sew and iron each row.

The final photo is for my Dad who enjoys chatting about the weather. My parents spend the winter in Florida so I just wanted them to see the lovely weather their missing out on! I guess it is all a matter of situation....staying at home, I love it. Having to drive 60 KM to work in it, not so much.

5 comments:

crazyquiltlady said...

Flying Geese: Wow big project 32.5 looks great so far- can not wait to see the finished project. The snowy back yard - hey I hear ya-- although it takes me 4 minutes to get to work so I guess I should not complain----

Stephanie said...

WOW....holy flying geese. I love it. I can't wait to see it finished.

Sara said...

I love those flying geese! That is a lot of geese though! I probably would get sick of looking at them and work on something else in between! Love the radio too. Snow - well we have about 18 inches right now...and more coming!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the picture of snow, that's all I want to see of it. Is the quilt going to be King-sized for our bedroom in our new condo when and if it's built? It's 85 degrees now but we are expecting cold snap tonight - down to 55 degrees. Wednesday, I'm taking my Red Hat Ladies on the trolley to St. Pete's Beach to The Frog Pond Restaurant for lunch and shopping after.

Stephanie said...

Hi Girls! Thanks for checking in.

Mom...sorry, but this one's just for me. We're going to hang it on the wall that is above the stairs going to the family room in the basement. Glad to hear you are having nice weather. xoxo