Thursday, November 20, 2008

It's Beaujolais Nouveau Day

Each year, on the third Thursday in November, it's "Beaujolais Nouveau" Day. In France, and around the world, it is the official release date of the years new wines produced from the hand picked Gamay grapes grown in the Beaujolais region of France.

Beaujolais Day, next to Christmas and perhaps my birthday are my favourite days of the year. I was at the LCBO 10 minutes after opening today. The ladies were well impressed that I was the first purchaser for the day; I purchase a case every year.

The wine is very light and should be drunk within the year. Most critics will rip it apart and fluff it off as a marketing scheme. Personally, I think you should just enjoy it for what it is....a reason to celebrate a fun little bit of history with the friends you like! Run out NOW and get some because it will be all gone by the weekend, bottles are in limited release.

PS: make sure Brie and Crackers are involved!

PPS: Here's a picture from this morning.....Grrrr apparently it's here!!!

Snow Thrower

No comments: