Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Weekend She-nanegans!

Last Saturday my friend Marilyn invited the "Girls" over for dinner and drinks. We all brought a little something. I decided to bring "Macho Nacho Dip".

Macho Nacho Dip

I caught a show on Food Network Canada called "Eat, Shrink and be Merry" the other morning while doing the treadmill. The premise of the show is they find a dish that is typically not good for you and give it a healthy make over. This episode centred around the famous Layered Nacho Dip that always seems to make an appearance at parties.

It took a bit of time to make because there are 5 steps to the dish but hoo-boy was it worth it. YUMMY, and nutritionally good for you as an added bonus. Take the time to check out the recipe above; very interesting how they manipulate the ingredients to make it better for you.

Dinner consisted of Lasagna, BBQ Chicken Breasts, Asian Noodle Salad, Veggies and Dip, with Fruit dips and Squares for dessert. It all went down with with a few of the below........


...which eventually led to girls who looked this silly by two in the morning.

OMG...what the hell is going on with my chin?


My cousin Chris from New Brunswick confirmed indeed that Aunt Rita still makes the Red Pepper Relish. This is her new batch from last week....I love Aunt Rita, she's over 90 and look at the spread she lays out!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Surely you could have picked any other photo !! We all look like we were half in the bag !!! Oh wait, we were. Looking forward to the next one . . . . Had a blast. Haven't worked out since that pig-out.

Stephanie said...

Unfortunately this WAS the best photo! By some miracle I lost weight after the big chow down and it wasn't because of a "Bad Meatball" if you know what I mean. I was so proud of my self control that night!! Can't wait for Mrs. B's turn! XOXO

Sara said...

That dip looks so delic! I am definately going to have to check out the recipe. And it looks like you had a great time!

Stephanie said...

Oh how I love it when you post food pics. Everything always looks so good.

Daphne Moon said...

thanks for the nacho idea. Why are so many weirdos posting on this all of the sudden? Me and my dogs will enjoy trying the nacho dish