Monday, September 1, 2008

Labour Day

Ahhh.....I love statutory holidays! Nothing is ever so bittersweet as the last long "Labour Day" weekend of the summer. Years ago it used to be the excitement of going back to school....now I just think "Crap, another summer gone already"! ?

I had promised a wine review and WOW this one is a WINNER!

SUSANA BALBO SIGNATURE MALBEC 2006 -- $22.95

I'll let you read what the LCBO had to say about it first:

Tasting Note - Rich and polished, with almost gushing raspberry, boysenberry and blackberry fruit that's harnessed by suave toast, spice and licorice notes. Long, well-rounded finish has nice buried acidity. Drink now through 2010. Score - 91. (James Molesworth, www.winespectator.com, Web Only, 2008)

OK, leave right now and get a bottle (or two) of this wine. We have a great guy that works in the Vintages section of our local LCBO. My Big Man really wanted to try a "Malbec" and so he recommended this wine. Ugh, fantastic, the taste, smell, everything! After each sip I swear could hear Susana softly singing my name begging me to take another sip!

Relaxing Afternoon

This wine would be fantastic all on it's own just as a treat while spending some quality relaxo time by yourself. Would be perfect split between friends.....save it for the one's you really like!

No comments: