Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Baby Shower Gifts

Last Sunday I went to a girlfriends Baby Shower. Her husband is my Big Man's very best friend since childhood.

Since we all know how much I love to surf blogs, I wanted to make some hand-made gifts from craft tutorials that I have found along the way.

Baby Gifts

I decided on a Diaper Changing Pad from "sewtakeahike" along with a Diaper & Wipes Wristlet from "Blessed Roots".

WRISTLET

Both were very easy to complete and the tutorial instructions are clear. I think the Wristlet is great however when I make it again, I think I will use Velcro instead of a button closure. When your struggling with a squirmy baby, Velcro can be a life saver for the easy open/close functionality.

DIAPER CHANGE PAD

I also gave her diapers, wipes and a gift card for Shoppers Drug Mart. Not to toot my own horn (toot-toot) but I'm pretty sure they were the hit of the gift opening part of the party!! Not too often do you find hand-made gifts given any more; best compliment of all was "I hate you damn sewers"!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Very nice, I love the fabric you used.