Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Thanks Mr. Truck Driver

Yesterday I finally received my prize for winning the April 2008 “Excel Award” at work. To win the award you have to be nominated by a peer for displaying skills like teamwork, leadership, productivity, etc. I won a Black and Decker Quick n Easy Food Processor.

I thought I would share my recipe for Hummus. I think I originally found it on All Recipes.


Hummus

INGREDIENTS

1 can 540 ml, drained and rinsed chickpeas
1 large OR 2 small cloves of garlic
Juice of one lemon
½ tsp. sea salt
2 TBS tahini
2 TBS Olive Oil
Smidge of water to blend

I dumped the rinsed chickpeas in the processor, crushed in a big clove of garlic, added 3 Tbs. of lemon juice, olive oil and the sea salt. I used 1 tsp. of sesame oil as a replacement for the tahini. When you turn on the processor just pour a little bit of water down the feed chute until you get that nice smooth Hummus texture. A note about the salt, if you do not have sea salt and use just regular table salt, but I would only start with a ¼ tsp. and then adjust the salt level to taste.

Black and Decker

NEW KITCHEN TOY

I have this recipe written on a little scrap of blue paper that I lost behind the microwave for a few years (guess I should clean a little bit better eh?). Truly this is the BEST hummus recipe. I tried many other recipes as a replacement after I thought I had lost this one; all the others SUCKED! Sometimes we use the hummus as a replacement for tomato sauce on a pizza. Sounds disgusting, but trust me it is fantastic.

Other than that just another 5 km walk with the husband and dog. Work, then home to update the blog.

If you’re reading this, hope you had a great day! Stay tuned; I’m sure something interesting should happen sooner or later.

PS, to the Big Rig Truck Driver going East on Hwy #7 and Lakeridge Rd. THANK YOU FOR CHECKING ME OUT HARD-CORE, you made my day!

July15

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This Hummus rocks, good with fresh greek style pita!

Anonymous said...

My friend, I am so impressed with your blog. I love it...love it...love it. I just know this blog will be even more popular then that other blog we are both addicted too. You are truly an inspiration to me....you make me want to get off my hiney and actually do something. Hugs!!! SD

Stephanie said...

SD -- All I can say is thanks for everything and the amazing friendship and support you provide to me. XO